andrew belle still makes my heart swell

Thursday, August 22, 2013

{photo credit: me}

andrew belle's newest album, black bear, dropped on tuesday and it is amazing. i think i've mentioned the musical crush i have on him? oh yes, this post right here.

{photo credit: me}

a few weeks ago my friend lori and i took a little drive to casbah in downtown durham to see him and trent dabbs play.

{photo credit: me}

what a great show! trent dabbs was cute and funny and had his band projected behind him on a screen. a pretty cost effective way to travel with your band but not really travel with your band. he played one of my favorite songs, leave to see. check it out here.

{photo credit: me}

andrew belle followed after with his band mates. he played a lot of songs from his new album which inspired me to go home and immediately pre-order it. if you're into music at all, you need to check him out. his lyrics are creative and thoughtful and romantic. his sound is unique but not in an annoying or extreme way like when people record sounds of smashing glass and random clapping and call it music. how's that for a rave review?

{photo credit: me}

{photo credit: me}

one of his tracks, pieces, is so beautiful and compelling. i listened to it probably about 35 times in a row on a recent car ride to the beach. it's a good thing i was driving by myself because i doubt any road trip companion would have put up with that nonsense.

andrew belle, kids. this is good music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground