diy studded mittens

Thursday, January 3, 2013

{photo credit: me}

so, there are these things called studs. heard of them? i think avril lavine was wearing them like 13 years ago when they weren't that popular. or maybe they were, and it was me who wasn't cool enough to get it. 

well, now i get it. they are all the rage and look good on just about anything you would ever want to put them on-purses, loafers, hats, belts, textbook covers, phone cases, celebrity baby diapers. i just ordered a bunch of them (read: 400), and i've got the easiest diy tutorial for you. all you need is a pair of  mittens, some varied studs, and a pair of pliers.

{photo credit: me}

{photo credit: me}

lay your mittens out flat and use your studs to make a simple design on the cuffs of your mittens. (you'll have to remember your design so it's probably best to keep it fairly simple). i made a row straight across the cuffs.

{photo credit: me}

once you have found a design you like, work with one stud at a time and push the prongs through the cloth. close one prong at a time using your pliers. keep working with each stud, securing it as you go. create the same design on the matching glove.

{photo credit: me}

{photo credit: me}

ta-da! brand spanking new winter mittens that are as cool as anything avril ever wore. 

2 comments:

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground