girls who camp

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

{photo credit: me}

had the best weekend with my roommate and our friend megan. we went camping on black mountain, hiked linville falls, and didn't wear a stitch of makeup for three days. holler. 

{photo credit: me}

the weather was gorgeous. mid-70s during the day and at night it got down to low 50s. shut the front door. i could get used to that. 

{photo credit: me}

our friend megan was the best tour guide. she basically grew up in these mountains so she chauffeured amy and i up and down the parkway without needing any directions. i was impressed. i can't even drive home without turning my gps on. that's a joke but just barely. 

{photo credit: me}

on our way to the campsite, we stopped at the orchard at altapass. such a cool place. there was a band playing live music, lots of couples dancing, homemade jellies and jams and sauces for sale, ice cream by the scoop, and the most beautiful view of their orchards.

{photo credit: me}

our campsite was perfect. a nice fire pit to build our campfire and a pretty creek running right alongside. we set up our tent immediately and got everything situated before hiking up to roaring fork falls. 

{photo credit: me}

we were the only hikers at these falls. more opportunities to play in the water and not get caught. 

{photo credit: me}

then this happened. 

{photo credit: me}

cooking over an open fire. this is good. 
you know what else is good? s'mores. always and forever. 

{photo credit: me}

we had a fun time roughing it in the woods. and when i say roughing it, i mean it. i didn't have a cup of coffee for at least 24 hours. if you know me at all, your reaction should be shocked and impressed.

thank you tour guide, megs! looking forward to exploring asheville with you in october.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground