arm party!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

{photo credit}

a few posts back i put up a picture of a bracelet i had made, and one of my readers commented that i should join the arm party. i like arms, and i like parties. it sounded like a good mix. i looked into it and found out that illy of much love illy and leonora of yellow heart art were hosting a sort of crafty pen pal exchange. the rules were as follows: sign up, get a partner, make a bracelet for them, get a bracelet in return. hello, arm party? RSVP for one. 

it wasn't long before i found out my partner was jamie from grey sky saturday. we emailed back and forth and got to know each other a little bit. we covered all the important topics like who our childhood crushes were. me: macaulay culkin. her: jonathan brandis (i had to imdb him, and i still don't know who he is). she lives in beautiful hawaii and likes to hike and shop and explore new places on the island. what she failed to mention is that she is an expert bracelet maker. check these bad boys out. 

{photo credit: me}

{photo credit: me}

here we have the beautiful and elegant beaded square knot bracelet. i love these colors! it looks very complicated. i'm not sure i could make this on my own. in fact, i've already given up in my mind.

up next is my fave of the two. look at this! just look at it. red ball chain, tan cord and string, and a gold hex nut. genius move, jamie. believe it or not i didn't own a wrap bracelet until now, and i am in love with this design. 

{photo credit: me}

{photo credit: me}

{photo credit: me}

jamie packaged my bracelets up in a cute kraft box with these origami stars. this girl seriously outdid me. have i ever tried making origami stars? no. do i think they're sweet like candy? oooh, yes.

{photo credit: me}

a big thank you to jamie for these sweet handmade bracelets! i will rock them and give you all the credit. also, now that we're practically life best friends, can i come visit you in hawaii? mmmkay. 

go check out all the other fun arm parties! linking up here and here.

5 comments:

  1. Aw I love your bracelets and the ones you sent your partner!! I am thinking I need a wrap bracelet, too. Those little stars are about the cutest ever! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm how awesome are your bracelets!? love the colors!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....Thanks for the shoutout! I love the bracelets that you sent me! :)

    Jamie
    greyskysaturday.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm, HELLO! You scored big time! Love those bracelets! The arm party gods were with us. Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground