grown up iced coffee

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

{photo credit: me}

there are a lot of things about growing up that are dumb. 

(working, paying bills, having to make your own pb and j sandwiches. whatever.) 

liquor in your iced coffee is not one of them.

{photo credit: me}

i usually drink my coffee straight black, but i've been enjoying this little variation lately. all you need is some chilled black coffee, milk of your choice (almond milk is yummy. try the vanilla flavor if you want a little extra sweetness), ice, and kahlua.

{photo credit: me}

i don't measure anything. i just add until the color looks right and the taste is good. if you want to be really awesome, freeze leftover coffee in ice cube trays and use those as your ice. that way your coffee doesn't get watered down. can't take credit for the idea. my mom has been doing it for years. (hi, mom).

{photo credit: me}

the perfect pick-me-up for when you realize that you are an adult nearing thirty and you can't do anything to stop it. 




2 comments:

  1. I love doing this! Another favorite is Kahlua, creme de cacao, and milk--microwave it, and you've got a grown-up hot chocolate!! Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a legacy i have left!!

    ReplyDelete

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground