13.1

Friday, April 13, 2012

{photo credit}

i may have repeated the lines above to myself more than once during my training for the half. i especially needed some self-pep talks on days when i knew i had to run 8, 9, 10 miles. it's pretty awesome what you find out that you can actually do when you push yourself beyond your comfort zone. as each run got longer in distance and time, i gained more and more confidence until hello 13.1 miles!  

{photo credit: liz}

{photo credit: me}

{photo credit: kelly}

{photo credit: kelly}

{photo credit: me}

{photo credit: kelly}

i had so much fun on race days with all my girls. the best part was definitely crossing the finish line and throwing that heavy medal around my neck. although, stuffing our faces with bob evans farmer's breakfast after the race was a close second. 5,000 calories never tasted so good. mmmmm. 

if you've never done a race before, do it! they are so much fun, and if you train with a friend or two, you will have built-in cheerleaders. bonus? you get bragging rights for a long, long time. 

if anyone is interested in training for a half, this is the training program i used for both of mine. it's pretty easy to move days around if your schedule conflicts with what he has laid out. 

get out there and start moving! 

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Lacey! That's awesome. Races with friends are SO much fun. Even with my heavy race schedule and pressure-packed goals, I make sure to fit in some races that are just for the joy of running with my buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Congrats! I've been looking at the Color Run and seriously considering doing it!

    ReplyDelete

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground