megaroo

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

{photo credit: friend}

well, it looks like my new years resolution is already being put to the test. ah, so much pressure to keep it up! today is my friend megan's birthday! i met megan the first month i moved to raleigh two years ago. 

my roommate amy had told me of a small group that she had attended a couple of times. she wasn't able to go on this particular night, but i really wanted to meet new people. it was within walking distance of our apartment, so i went by myself. i had just quit my new job earlier that day (i'd had the job for two weeks), and i came in the door not knowing a soul. i come to find out later that megan was "not sure of me" when i plunked myself down in the middle of the group and introduced myself to everyone in the room. i think her words were who is this chick? what really did it for her was when i started crying during our time of sharing prayer requests. i think i blubbered something about new in town, just quit my job, don't know what i'm doing with my life. i mean, i guess i can see why she was a little wary of me at first. 

fortunately, she gave me another chance and eventually warmed up to me. she has become one of my good friends, and i love her very much. she is a woman who loves Jesus and stands up for her convictions. she loves her friends and family dearly. she throws really great birthday parties. she once drove us miles and miles to the middle of nowhere for pelican's snoballs. she let me wear her prized cowboy boots to a concert because they looked cute with my outfit. if you know her at all, you know that's surprising for two reasons. one, she guards those things under lock and key. two, "because they looked cute with my outfit" is not a good reason for her to lend you her boots. she must really like me. sadly, she moved to boone last year for grad school, and i miss her mucho. 

megs, i hope you have a stellar birthday! see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground