word play

Thursday, September 8, 2011

{photo credit: me}

i always tell myself not to buy more craft supplies because i have enough paper to supply an army. a craft army. i'm embarrassed to admit that i have a huge box of unopened scrap paper in my trunk. our coat closet has turned into lacey's craft/junk closet, and our dining room table is perpetually covered in scraps of paper, glue sticks, and stick-on jewels.

buuuut i couldn't resist when i saw these multicolored chip board letters for $1 a pack. (deal! bargain!) they were so fun to make cute phrases and words with, but now i've used all the vowels, so my leftover letters are a jumble of consonants. i don't think anyone would buy a card that said "sstwrz". then again, i've been wrong before. i thought bugs bunny was a real life cartoon person. my mom had to tell me someone had drawn him. it kind of crushed my little six year old soul.

{photo credit: me}

{photo credit: me}

{photo credit: me}

{photo credit: me}

{photo credit: me}

{photo credit: me}

is there an item that you can't help but want/buy when you see it? if you're a crafter like me, does your heart leap for joy when you see craft supplies on sale? do you tell yourself you don't need them but end up buying them anyway? did you also think animated cartoon characters were real people?

1 comment:

  1. When Michael's puts out a new 40% off coupon on their website, I squeal with glee.

    I won't tell you what I do when they put out the 50% off coupons.

    ReplyDelete

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground