this thrifting is bananas

Friday, July 15, 2011

{photo credit: weheartit.com}

i've been stealing the deals. scoring sweet, cheap stuff. beating you to the goodwill. running you off the road to get to the everything must go yard sale. yeah, i bought that silver globe that you had your eye on. and i didn't even need it. i saw you looking at that cute dress. i wasn't until you were. the twilight series? in hardcover? already have two sets. but i needed a third. 

ok, tough girl monologue over. that was weird. and not very tough at all. i don't think tough girls say things in italics. more like a quick but debilitating punch to the gut.

but i'm serious when i say i've been loading up my tiny apartment/closet with cheap and completely (un)necessary treasures. in honor of the approaching weekend and yard sales on saturday morning, here's to all things thrifted! b-a-n-a-n-a-s.

{photo credit: me}

go-to summer dress for 3 dolla billz. perfect for: days when i don't shower, when i'm too lazy to match a top and bottom, or when i'm headed to wal*mart and want to look fancy.

{photo credit: me}

books. lots and lots of books. this is a small selection of the books i've been buying at an alarming rate. ranging from $0 (i took it from what i think was a community bookshelf at starbucks?) -$1.50

{photo credit: me}

shiny skirt that is not my size but for some reason (it was shiny) i bought it. and it was two quarters.

{photo credit: me}

pottery barn pewter bookends that keep my magazines from flying away. $1

{photo credit: me}

loads and loads of paper for the craft whore in me who refuses to be tamed. $4

{photo credit: me}

i have a thing for globes. they're so romantic. it was a bit of a splurge at $5.

{photo credit: me}

j. crew linen capri pants. $whateverpantsgoforatthegoodwill.99

{photo credit: me}

are you squealing at this cuteness? .25 for three measuring spoons with no practical purpose.

{photo credit: me}

who needs a pretty platter? me. $1

{photo credit: me}

timberland "booties"? i'm surprised i even bought these because i hate booties, and i'm pretty sure timberlands are not cool anymore (anyone?), but they spoke to me. i paid $8 for them which seemed a bit pricey until i walked into j. crew and saw a very similar pair for $95. that's a whole lot of money saved to buy other useless totally useful things. 

i know some of you guys are deal hunters like me. what's the best item you've recently scored at a yard sale or thrift shop? or what's a book you've recently stolen/borrowed from a community bookshelf? i'll go first. most recent stolen book: anna mcpartlin's apart from the crowd. i don't know what it's about. there is a labrador on the cover looking adorable.

2 comments:

  1. looks like you did good. I love the globe and paper, for I am a craft whore too and proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that you had a Lee Smith book in your treasures.

    ReplyDelete

love hearing from my readers! xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground